Sunday, December 6, 2009

2pac on Popes playlist




The pope has a myspace page.

I cannot understand how the pope has a myspace page.

Does anyone see the pope's myspace and decide that they should be catholic?

What does the popes "about me" look like?

"My name is Benedict but my friends my friends call me ♥ Bennnnnyyy ♥ . I enjoy blessings, large silly hats (hehe), love shopping at trader joes, playing with kittens, and listening to 2pac!!!"

Ok so that was a joke, except for the 2pac thing. Yes, not only does the pope have a myspace but he has a playlist and the playlist has 2pac on it.

I have a feeling that if a child stumbles across the pope's myspace page and listens to "changes" they may get the wrong idea about what it is to be catholic. It doesn't seem to fit, and almost seems wrong, for the pope to include this type of music but I can't help but think that I really like that song.

I have to say, though, that I'm torn on the whole thing. One of two things is happening. The men in robes at the vatican decided that they needed to connect to the younger generation or the pope is a thug. While it is more likely that they compromised their values to expand the church I'd like to imagine that the pope puts in a gold grill from time to time.

Now the white catholic families won't know who to blame it on when their "perfect" little children start listening to rap music. That dam pope and his bad influence!

The bottom line is the pope is a g. So parents need to remember that if 2pac is good enough for the church then it's good enough for children.

The church always knows what's best for children, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment