Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Loose Goose



(AP)
WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - Wausau rescued and arrested a drunken man who plunged into the Wisconsin River while chasing a one-legged goose. The 40-year-old Wausau man told officers he wanted to catch the bird and roast it. He said he took off his shirt and shoes Thursday afternoon and jumped into the frigid water.

Authorities said he was overcome by the cold water and had to be rescued by firefighters. Police said the man had been drinking heavily before the stunt.


The man was arrested on an outstanding warrant for bail jumping.
Witness Sergio Lopez works by the river. He said he often sees people jump in the water during hot summer days but rarely in October.

Police told the Wausau Daily Herald that as far as they know, the goose is still on the loose.




This guy needs to learn how to drink. I've chased plenty of birds around when I was drunk. A chicken becomes a bucket of KFC in my eyes but that doesn't mean if I catch it that I can make it become that. And sure I may have ended up in a tree, a lake, or even in a strangers home but I always get myself out of those situations. No one comes to save me. Poor performance drunk man (especially given that there's a warrant out for your arrest).

Also, was this a particularly dangerous goose? Of course the goose is on the loose. It's a wild goose. Geese live loosely.

No comments:

Post a Comment