Thursday, June 3, 2010

2K Sports


The common practice of sports video games is to place the hottest sports star of the year on the cover of the next year's video game. People like Chris Drury (for NHL 2K2) and Kobe (NBA 2K10) grace the covers. But something very interesting is happening with the upcoming 2K11. A retired player will be on the cover and what retired player is that? Michael Jordan, of course.

Michael Jordan defines what basketball means to me. I mean Space Jam came out when I was 8 years old and if that doesn't win over a generation of youngsters, I don't know what will. But his reign is well over on the court. Someone else should really be on the cover.

Why not Lebron?

Is it because he could potentially be the most overrated player of all time? Fine.

How about Kobe?

He was on the cover last year. Fair enough.

Well then there is Rajon Rondo.

He isn't famous enough yet.

I guess Michael Jordan is the only way to go. He really was that good. I'm sure he will be making money off of this deal because his shoes, car dealerships, basketball team, restaurants, endorsements, and motor sports team just aren't pulling in enough.

Speaking of endorsements; I need to get myself one of those lay flat collars. I don't want any bacon neck action.

No comments:

Post a Comment