Monday, April 5, 2010

Hit Out of Nowhere


Last night the Philadelphia Eagles secured fourth place in the 2011 season of the NFC East. I say this without bias too. I am in no way a fan of any team in the NFC East. Fuck the Giants, fuck the Eagles, fuck the Redskins, and fuck the Cowboys. I am a Buffalo Bills fan and three of those teams have beat the Bills in four different Super Bowls. But you know what team didn't beat the Bills? The Eagles.

This is because of stupid decisions like trading your quarterback, who leads your franchise in every statistic that matters, to a division rival that has the fourth overall pick in the draft. Say goodbye to Philadelphia, Donovan, and hello to an organization that still has a running back, that's going to pick up a bad ass safety by the name of Eric Berry, and has a new coach with a couple rings already on his fingers.

It's just too bad for Jason Campbell that the Redskins made this trade without telling him. Dick move Washington.


"What current (soon-to-be-former?) Redskins quarterbackJason Campbell(notes) now knows is that his team didn't think enough of him to let him know when they dropped the hammer on the Donovan McNabb(notes) trade. Campbell, who's been Washington's primary quarterback since 2007, found out about the trade when he got a phone call from John Keim of the Washington Examiner just after the deal was consummated.

Me: Did you hear about what happened?

Jason: What?

Me: The Redskins traded for Donovan.

Jason: Really? Ummm ... I didn't know that, man.

Me: I'm sorry I had to be the one who told you. I can't believe they didn't tell you.

Jason: No, that's the first I heard of it. ... I'd better go call my agent.

When I called back later, it went to voice mail. His mailbox was full."


-David Farrar

No comments:

Post a Comment