Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Who Could Have Guessed?

Ricky Martin is ‘a fortunate homosexual man’

- Access Hollywood

NEW YORK - After years of keeping quiet about his personal life, pop star Ricky Martin has announced that he is gay.

“I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man,” Ricky said in a message posted on his official Web site. “I am very blessed to be who I am.”

....Martin also tweeted a link to his coming out announcement on his Web site, simply writing, “my life.” In an earlier tweet on Monday, the singer posted a quote attributed to the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. M.L.K.Jr.,” he wrote.


I know that everyone in the nation is shocked right now but let's try to pull it together people. It's hard to believe that this beacon of manliness could ever be gay, right?

I'm sorry Ricky Martin but I don't understand why you waited past your release of "Shake Your Bon-Bon" to come out. I don't think there has been a straight man to wear leather pants that wasn't gay since the 80's. Also, I thought I covered this topic already when Meredith Baxter came out on the Today Show. When everyone already knows you're gay then it's not coming out and people don't care. If you really want to make a stir then you should have come out as a heterosexual.

One more thing. White people need to stop comparing themselves to great African-American leaders and revolutionaries. Yes it's a good quote but I think Dr. King was going for the whole speak up so a whole race isn't taken advantage of. I'm not sure he meant, tell everyone you're gay even if they already think you're gay.


Oh and Ricky... has anyone ever told you you look like Dane Cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment